The goals for this project are simple. It seeks to be the ultimate management tool for digital comic books.
To achieve this goal, the project will:
- be portable:
- it can be hosted on the Mac, Linux or Windows, and
- it can be used by any web browser.
- manage a library of digital comic books, including:
- the archive format of the individual files (CBR, CBZ, CB7),
- converting files from one format to another between the supported types,
- adding and removing images that make up the pages of the comic,
- managing what type a page is (front cover, alternate cover, story, back cover, advertisement, etc.)
- blocking pages based on hash identifiers so that they are ignored,
- sharing of blocked page files,
- deleting blocked pages from comics,
- consolidating the library, including performing any or all of the following steps:
- moving all files into a well-defined directory structure,
- converting comics to a single archive type,
- removing files from each comic that have been blocked, and
- updating the ComicInfo.xml file within each comic with the current metadata.
- allow administrators to quickly import new comics into their library,
- enable scraping metadata for comics from various sources, such as ComicVine.
- allow managed access to the contents of the library:
- administrative users can create/delete other users,
- users can create reading lists,
- users can manage their read state for all comics in the library, and
- users can read comics using an OPDS application.
- provide a plugin system that allows administrators to customize the features in their application:
- plugins can be written by third-parties to provide new and custom functionality, and
- administrators can easily install plugins.
- allow users to share:
- blocked page lists.
- reading lists.
What The Project Will Not Do
- It is not a comic reading application.
Supported Comic Formats
The following digital comic formats are supported:
- CBZ (ZIP)
- CBR (RAR)
- CB7 (7ZIP)
There are no reviews yet.